Online Shopping Ethiopia – Online shopping is a form of electronic commerce that allows consumers to directly buy goods or services from a seller over the Internet. In Ethiopia online shopping is not widely adopted, however there has been a huge progress over the past few years. We have reviewed the top 5 online shopping websites to Sell and Buy Anything Online in Ethiopia.
Online Shopping Ethiopia
Jumia Market( Formerly Kaymu ) is by far the leading online market place in Ethiopia. Despite the basic issue of electronic payments, Jumia is making a remarkable progress in delivering a fully functioning E-Commerce platform in Ethiopia.
Jumia Market provides a web based platform where you can find products in a variety of categories; which include,but not limited to Fashion, Electronics, Smart Phones & Accessories, Home,Office & kitchen Appliances, Computing devices, Health & Beauty products , Automobiles , Sports & Fitness, Kids Toys and Baby products, Groceries and other services.
Jumia is making a difference with:
- Responsive and user friendly platform.
- Simple and Free registration.
- Fair number of Stores and Individual sellers to get a competitive price.
- A 5 star review system, where you can check the credentials of a Store or an Individual seller.
- Reasonable Delivery to your address where every your are in Ethiopia.
- COD( Cash on delivery ) option; Buyers can make payment on delivery.
Jumia needs to Improve:
- Payment methods – Jumia should play the leading role in creating Electronic Payments that can function in Ethiopia. Jumia should work hard to implement Credit Card, Paypal and other electronic payments; And find a way to integrate them with the current Ethiopian Tax system. COD helps in avoiding transaction fee’s, however Jumia needs to look for other payment options in order to succeed in the Business.
- Buyer Address – Users are not allowed to enter exact address; One can only enter an address already existing in the system. The current system misses some areas of the cities which creates issues for delivering items.
- Delivery Time – Their delivery is Fair,but needs to improve tremendously.
- Rating System – Jumia should verify the authenticity of the reviews. And above all influence Stores & Individual sellers to take the comments they receive and work on improving their services.
- Advertsing – Most people know Jumia as Kaymu; Jumia needs to re-introduce it self to the onile community and Ethiopian people at large.
Want to buy an acoustic Guitar? Check out Music store & Guitar shops in Addis Ababa ➤➤➤ Music Stores