Chinese Government Scholarship


Published on Oct 12, 2016 by esetube

The Chinese Higher Education Institutions generally use Chinese as instruction language. Applicants with no command of Chinese are generally required to take Chinese language courses for 1-2 years before their major studies.

Applicants who apply to study in science, engineering, agriculture, medicine (western medicine), economics, management and law are required to take Chinese language courses for 1 year. Applicants who apply to study in literature, history, philosophy, and medicine (traditional Chinese medicine, Chinese herb medicine) are required to take Chinese language courses for 2 years.

All the undergraduate programs, most graduate programs and most non-degree programs are instructed in Chinese. Certain universities offer English-taught graduate programs and non-degree programs(General and senior scholar) in English. 

Application Procedures

Applicants should first log on the CSC Online Application System for International Students at to fill in and submit the application form online.

 The instructions for using the system are as follows:

Step 1: Visit or and click “Application Online for International Students“.

Step 2: Read “Tips for online application” carefully before clicking “NEXT” to the registration page.

Step 3: After registration, log in with your user name and password. Choose Chinese Government Scholarship as your scholarship type unless you are applying for other Cooperation Program Scholarship.

Step 4Fill in the correct Agency Number. An Agency Number represents a specific application receiving agency and will only be given to recommended applicants by application receiving agencies. It is listed in the first blank under the “PERSONAL DATA”. Please make sure that you fill it in correctly otherwise you will not be able to continue your online application or your application will not be accepted.

Do you want to study in Norway? Apply for scholarship programs in Norway today

You can get the up-to-date scholarship information by visiting or You can also consult the Chinese Embassy (Consulate General) in your home country or designated Chinese universities for your interested information.

Category Tag

no comment

Add your comment