Flickr is an image hosting and video hosting website and web services suite that was created in 2004 and acquired by Yahoo on March 20, 2005. In addition to being a popular website for users to share and embed personal photographs, and effectively an online community, the service is widely used by photo researchers and by bloggers to host images that they embed in blogs and social media.
Flickr supports an active and engaged community where people share and explore each others photos. You can share and host hundreds of your own pictures on Flickr without paying any money. Flickr let’s you upload, access, organize, edit, and share your photos from any device, from anywhere in the world.
The perks of using Flickr
- Put your free 1000GB to work – auto-upload all your photos and videos, privately storing them in your Flickr camera roll.
- Camera roll in the cloud – instant access to your entire Flickr collection, so you can free up your phone for everything else.
- Organization and sharing, simplified – browse with ease, select and organize hundreds of photos with one gesture, and share in seconds.
- Unleash your creativity – tweak your photos, add filters, crop images and more, directly from the camera roll. And if you change your mind, just revert the changes!
- Explore, interact and engage with friends, family and the Flickr community – there are millions of groups and billions of photos out there to discover.