How to name your business? When it comes to small-business success. The right name can make your company the talk of the town. The wrong one can doom it to obscurity and failure.
Your name should convey the expertise, value and uniqueness of the product or service you have developed. Any name can be effective if it’s backed by the appropriate marketing strategy. Here’s what you’ll need to consider in order to give your small business the most appropriate and effective name.
What’s in a Name?
Start by deciding what you want your name to communicate. It should reinforce the key elements of your business. Your work in developing a niche and a mission statement will help you pinpoint the elements you want to emphasize in your name.
- Choose a name that appeals not only to you,but also to the kind of customers you are trying to attract.
- Choose a comforting or familiar name that conjures up pleasant memories so customers respond to your business on an emotional level.
- Don’t pick a name that is long or confusing.
- Stay away from cute puns that only you understand.
- Don’t use the word “Inc.” after your name unless your company is actually incorporated.