It’s best to change your Facebook password at least once a year, so if you’re trying to change your password now, or if your Facebook has been compromised, try updating your password time to time. What can you do to recover your forgotten Facebook password?
You may be able to get back into your Facebook account by answering a security question, using an alternate email address listed on your account or getting help from friends. Keep in mind that you’ll only see these options if you set them up.
To see if you have these options:
- Go to the Facebook login page and click Forgot your account? or Can’t login? in the top right.
- Fill out the form to identify your account.
- Select I forgot my account on the next page if prompted.
- Look at the list of email addresses listed on your account. If you don’t have access to any of these, click No longer have access to these?
- Follow the instructions provided to answer your security question or get help from friends, if you see these options, or contact your email service provider.
Once you get back into your account you can change your login email address at any time from your account settings. You can also log into Facebook with any email address you’ve added to your account.