There are many teeth whitening products such as trays, strips, rinses, over-the-counter gels and whitening toothpastes. All these products cost money and time and most of them have temporarily effect only. Teeth whitening is ideal for people who have healthy, an restored teeth (no fillings) and gums.
All toothpastes help remove surface stains, because they contain mild abrasives. Some whitening toothpastes contain gentle polishing or chemical agents that provide additional stain removal effectiveness. Whitening toothpastes can lighten the tooth’s color by about one shade. Here is a teeth whitening mix that can help you whiten your teeth.
- Place a tablespoon of baking soda into a small bowl and squeeze the juice of half a lemon (or half a lime) over the top.
- The mixture will fizz up as the soda interacts with the citric acid in the citrus juice.
- Once the fizzing subsides somewhat, take your toothbrush and stir the mixture into a thick paste. If the paste is too runny, add a dash or two more of baking soda until the proper consistency has been reached.
- Put the paste onto the toothbrush and brush all of your teeth thoroughly, just as you would with regular toothpaste.
- Rinse your mouth out well with plenty of water, and you’re done! That’s all there is to it.