The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) provides scholarships for international students for a range of postgraduate courses at German Universities. With its development-oriented postgraduate study programs, the DAAD promotes the training of specialists from developing and newly industrialized countries. The scholarships offer foreign graduates a chance to take a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-recognized German university and obtain a Master’s/PhD in Germany. DAAD Germany Scholarship Ethiopia Students – Application Deadline: August – October 2017
DAAD Germany Scholarship Ethiopia Students
The scholarships are provided by German Universities offering development-related postgraduate courses and young graduates from developing countries with at least two years’ of professional experience can apply.
Scholarship value and duration
The scholarship duration is 12 to 24 months (depending on the particular institution) and 36 months for PhD. Depending on the academic level the scholarship includes a monthly payments of 750 euros for graduates or 1,000 euros for doctoral candidates. It also includes payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover and travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding.
Field of Study
Masters or PhD courses in Economic Sciences, Business Administration, Political Economics, Development Cooperation, Engineering and Related Sciences, Mathematics, Regional and Urban Planning, Agricultural and Forest Sciences, Natural and Environmental Sciences, Medicine and Public Health, Social Sciences, Education and Law, and Media Studies.
- Bachelor’s degree (normally four years) in a related subject.
- Academic degrees should not be more than six years old.
- Completion of an academic degree with far above average results (upper third) and ideally at least two years of related professional experience after the first degree (bachelor).
- Applicants who work either for a public authority or a state or private company in a developing country and, as such, is engaged in the planning and execution of directives and projects with emphasis on development policies having a bearing on technological, economic or social areas.
- For courses in English: IELTS (Band 6) certificate or TOEFL (minimum score: 550 paper based, 213 computer based, 80 internet based).
- For study courses in German: (scholarship includes a 6-month German language course): DSH 2 or TestDaF 4 at the beginning of the study course; a minimum German language level of A2 at the time of application. In addition, German language proficiency at B1 level are highly recommended.
How to Apply:
Please refer to the respective course websites for the application procedure, the application deadline, and the documents to be submitted. Deadline varies depending on the course: August-October 2017. To access the application form and for complete information on how to apply for this scholarship DAAD Germany Scholarship Ethiopia Students, Please read >>> Development-Related Postgraduate Courses – Educating Professionals for Sustainable Development 2018/2019
Visit the official Scholarship website >>> DAAD Germany Scholarship Ethiopia Students
International Scholarships provide an opportunity to study in countries with strong educational system. Most of these countries are home to the top universities of the world and studying in these universities can boost students career prospect.
These are the most common free scholarship for Ethiopian students >>> Free Scholarship for Ethiopian Students