With their price tag and personal information they carry Smart phones have become a priority target for thief’s. Though tracking a stolen phone might not be successful every time; there are some measures you can take to find your stolen android phone or tablet after it got lost or stolen;
1. Google’s Android Device Manager
You can quickly find find your stolen android phone with Google’s Android Device Manager, even if you don’t have the app installed.
- Lost/Stolen Android mobiles must be connected to the Google Account.
- Internet access to the lost android phone is must. Nothing can be done if there is no internet.
- You must have enabled Android Device Manger to track your mobile through Google app settings. ( Normally it’s ON by default)
It’s the official tool from Google to track your android phones and tablets by signing in to Android Device Manager website. Once you log in using your Google account Id which you used to setup your device, you will be able to track and locate it.
- Log in to Google’s Android Device Manager.
- Click on your lost android phone and you will be able to see its location.
- You can Ring and lock your phone remotely and erase its data. To perform this action Lock and erase feature must be allowed for Android Device Manager via Google app settings. By default it’s turned off.
2. Google Maps Location History
Google maps is another way to know the location of your Android phone quickly. You can track you phone and determine its location by browsing trough Google maps location history.
- Visit Google Maps Location History.
- Click on today’s date then click “Show Time-stamps” just below the calendar.
- To see the last available location, Click on the latest Time-stamps.
You can Find your stolen Android Phone!
3. Track your smartphone with Android Lost
This method requires you to install an application on your stolen phone! How? You can install any app on all your registered devices directly from your browser through the Google Play website.
If your phone is still connected with your google account; you can install the Android Lost app remotely via Google Play in your browser and it will be installed on your phone remotely.
To register your device remotely, send an SMS with the text “Android lost register” to your phone. This SMS can be sent from any phone. This will trigger Android Lost to register itself using your Google account credentials.
Visit the Android Lost website and sign in using your Google account. After doing that, you should have access to all remote control features:
- Read the latest SMS on your phone.
- Force your phone to play a loud alarm with a flashing screen. Perfect if you misplaced your device.
- Get the location of your device.
- Lock and unlock your phone.
- Wipe your entire phone so no private data falls into the wrong hands.
- Erase the SD card.
- Use the camera to make pictures (front or rear camera) to get a nice shot of the nice person who took your device.
Follow the above steps before giving up on your Stolen or Lost smart phone. You can get back your phone!
How can you report a Fake Facebook account with your name or photo? How to Report a Fake Facebook Profile