Scholarships are the best way to get further specialized studies and accomplish career goals. They also help you finance tuition fees and enable you to fully concentrate on your Education. Getting a scholarship might be difficult, however the tips provided below by Esetube.com on How to successfully apply for a scholarship from Ethiopia will significantly improve your chances of getting that scholarship you always wanted.
How to successfully apply for a scholarship from Ethiopia
Getting excellent grades in high school or on your graduate studies in Ethiopia will most definitely improve your chances of wining a scholarship. In addition to that following these steps will help you successfully apply for a scholarship from Ethiopia.
1. Create an Account on Centralized Scholarship Application Platforms
Common App Account – For US Colleges and Some Universities in other Countries
The common application is a standardized undergraduate college application form that is accepted in more than 800 member colleges and universities in 49 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Canada, China, and many European countries. And you can easily access the common application through an online platform which has the following advantages;
- You can find many scholarship providing universities organized in one place and you can apply for the scholarships directly through your account.
- The online application will help you to enter your information one time and use it to send applications to multiple Universities and colleges.
- The system will alert you when deadlines are approaching and view application progress.
- Enables you to waive the application fee required by each college, if you can provide documents that can prove your eligibility.
Apply to US Universities and Universities in some other countries through Common App >>> Common App Registration for Students
Note: Your email address will become your username and the Common App’s primary method of sending you updates and reminders, so make sure that you provide an email address that you check on a regular basis.
UCAS Account – For United Kingdom & EU Universities
UCAS is the centralized service that you can use to apply to British universities. The service gives you access to 395 UK and EU universities and colleges. You can apply for university scholarships online, by submitting information including education and employment history, any special needs or disabilities, and a personal statement. Using UCAS for UK Universities scholarship applications will help you;
- Choose from over 50,000 courses, in more than 25 subject areas.
- UK courses are generally shorter than other countries, helping to reduce overall tuition fees and accommodation costs.
- It can be possible to work while you study too.
Apply to UK and EU universities through UCAS >>> UCAS Registration for Students
Individual University Application
Many Universities do not accept any of the shared applications and they have their own application. That means you will need to apply to universities that provide scholarship opportunity to African students individually. Read more about Scholarships opportunities that Ethiopian Students can Apply to
2. Check the requirements of the Colleges and Universities you have selected
Consider deadlines, your major study program, standardized test requirements, Grade point Average (GPA) requirements, financial aid and scholarship opportunities.
3. Take Standardized Tests
Most Scholarships require students to submit a standardize test scores as part of their application packages. You can find detailed information on Scholarship Application Required Tests available in Ethiopia here on Esetube.com , the article will answer where and how to take TOFEL, IELTS, SAT and GRE tests, how much will it cost and type of test to expect >>> Scholarship Application Required Tests in Ethiopia
4. Gather your general application information
Get full information of your parents’ birth date, education background, work place, email address, P.O.Box, your councilor’s full name and email, two/three teachers’ full name and email. Usually you will be required to prepare the following documents;
- Certificates of your previous education (first degree, school leaving exams etc.)
- Letters of recommendation (work/academic)
- Standardized exams such as language certificate (e.g. TOEFL, IELTS), SAT , GRE
- Motivation letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Scholarship Essay
5. Start Your Application
Star applying to Universities.
Note: After sending out your applications Universities will request you to submit documents. Every university and college have their own requirement and rules. It is better to contact your respective college and ask for guidance on how to send your documents, ask their financial aid and scholarship policy.
6. Regularly check your Email address
The colleges and universities you have applied to will be contacting you on a regular basis to let you know about your application status, missing documents and other inquiries. So it is better to regularly check your email and common app account.We hope you succeed with your scholarship application and accomplish your career goals.
International Scholarships provide an opportunity to study in countries with strong educational system. Most of these countries are home to the top universities of the world and studying in these universities can boost students career prospect. As a developing country, Ethiopian educational system is not strong enough & as an Ethiopian student you can benefit a lot from international scholarships and awards.