When it comes to emailing services, Gmail is by far the best and most reliable email provider in the world. Most of us choose Gmail for it’s strong security and fast reliable delivery; and we heavily depend on Gmail for our Emailing needs.
But, How do you create a new Gmail account? Sometimes creating an email account can be frustrating if you are doing it for the first time. Here is a detailed step by step guide that will help you set up a new Gmail account. you can also watch a video to see a visual explanation.
Steps to create a new Gmail email account
- Choose your gender under Gender.
- Select and enter your birthday under Birthday.
- Type the desired password for your Gmail account under Create a password and Confirm your password.
- Make sure you pick a password difficult to guess.
- For enhanced security, you can later enable two-point authentication for your Gmail account.
- If Gmail lets you know that your desired user name is not available, enter a different desired name under Choose your username or click one of the proposals under Available:.
- Type your desired user name under Choose your username.Your Gmail email address will be that user name followed by “@ “; If your Gmail user name is “example”, for instance, your Gmail address will be “example@ “.
- Enter your first and last names under Name.
- Visit Create an Account for Gmail.
- Optionally, enter your mobile phone number under Mobile phone for account verification and authorization.
- You do not need to specify a phone number to sign up for Gmail.
- Optionally, enter an existing email address under Your current email address if you want to be able to recover a lost password with it.
- You do not have to specify this secondary email address to create a Gmail account.
- Now type the characters in the captcha picture under Prove you’re not a robot.
- Select your country or location under Location.
- Read Google’s terms for serving Gmail.
- Click Next step.
- Click Next step again.
- Now click Continue to Gmail.